a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Monday, May 03, 2010

ओह यू

ok i left the title in whatever language it seems to prefer...anyone? Buehler?? having a bad hair day? maybe a jeans-a-little-tight day? or maybe just An Average Day. go here and i Promise you'll smile. In other news, i may have quit my job accidentally today. i spent all weekend getting over Friday's meltdown, and went to work today filled with gratitude for a job, such as it is. and despite a hard perusal of the classifieds yesterday. there was actually a job listed at my company that sounded interesting, though i suspect it would be half the salary. but maybe, i daydreamed, i could leverage an extra vacation week out of it. after call #1, all that went down the toidy. i stood before my manager and declared I Can't Do This Anymore and told her there was another job within the company that i was interested in, so she wouldn't get blindsided by rumor and innuendo. she was kind in suggesting that she knew of another, more appropriate, opportunity that was hush hush and said that i should bring my resume in tomorrow and she would put it in the director's hands. it just seemed to move so fast. i mean i felt like they breathed a sigh of relief "thank God she's going!" like they've been waiting like christmas for this moment. and i may have mentioned that to her. but in a round-about way, like, "you know it's my secret fear that i tell my husband i'm leaving, and he's already packed my stuff and had it waiting in a closet." something like that. then i went back to my phone. but suddenly realized how i had been believing the lie that the fear had been telling me...that i HAD to stay there and that there'd NEVER be another single opportunity for employment Anywhere ever never in the world. but suddenly the pea soup cleared just enough to see that i wasn't bound to my desk and that Something Could Change and it wouldn't be some big hairy deal. so, now i have 2 maybe possibilities. you know, that is - if IF i can get my resume to come off the damn disk that pierre made for me as my old computer breathed it's last digital gasp. remember that? my resume is stuck in there. in that disk thing, and my new computer does not have Word, as i had a snit when i found out the new computer only came with a trial version of it. i said HA! no way. i'll use Open Office like the IT guy said. and i have used it with much glee and for free, except tonight at a critical juncture in my horoscopical and jobwise-ical life Tonight i can't get it to download. and i can't hand the director a disk thingie with all other manner of personal items god knows what on it. although we have discovered that a manager has a very frightening and disturbing nasty boy website. how do we know? he uses his real name. so anything i may have on the disk that won't open would be far more polite. i'm not freaking out just yet, but will leave you so i can further cajole this to spit out the resume. and perhaps make a trip to pierre's house, wherever that may be, and hold his grasshopper pie ice cream hostage till he fixes what he has wrought. and anyone have any thoughts on why my titles keep changing themselves into some non-english characters? i hope it's nothing bad, or worse - a signal to some Very Bad People. ok - disk disk disk

1 comment:

Kim Mailhot said...

I think it is a sign that things are going to be different for you very soon.
Good luck !
Kick that disk's butt !