a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Sunday, November 29, 2009

what an incredibly quiet and peacefully centering time. the holidays are usually a time of migraines and chest pains and aggravation for me, but this year i gave myself permission to...do nothing. 2 dinners that day, and i ...did nothing. i didn't have to cook or coordinate or clean up. just arrive and eat. and it was wonderful. it was the first time i've seen my brother's apt - it's in a former dairy creamery that's been re-created into artist's apartments/spaces. the vibe is awesome. so my first dinner was there. and it was a great way to set the tone for what is typically a high strung month. let me say this: i LOVE buying/making/giving gifts. LOVE it! the problem is, i usually can't hold onto a secret, so i usually end up sending/giving the gift weeks early and demanding the receiver open open OPEN please. i prefer to think of this as connecting with my inner child. but meanwhile, i'm trying to pace myself. i'm reading The Elegance Of The Hedgehog. and knitting. and working on some secret projects. i hope to have some pictures of Honor to post soon. (Hey Mrs. Top Banana...email me...i don't have it.) sorry - i keep forgetting to tell Mary. oh - and on that same note, check out her husband's Havana Banana Bread.... betcha can't eat just one! L.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree the bread is amazing and I ordering lots and lots for christmas presents.