a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Monday, December 29, 2008

tangled

you know, they wouldn't call it "the web" if you didn't start out here, and end up there by way of ...well, everywhere. so, i went to see what's up at sparkletopia and found this, and i'm sitting here wiping the snot and tears from my face. sorry if you were eating dinner. my spirit just reached out and said "YES!" this is what i long for! THIS is the drink of water i crave...i need texture and color and scent and vibrancy...the sound of world music...the smell of sandalwood and vanilla and cedar pine...the feel of courduroy and silk and crumpled paper collages and my CrowWoman's comforting feathered head...YES! my spirit said...demanding a drink for the senses...my work table is adorned with giant gerbera daisies - impossible pink, orange and yellow all crammed together demanding to be seen...daring me to look away...nearby, a cape in progress - made from pieces of Tibetan ceremonial robes - the colors so beautiful you can feel the spirit of the maker in each inch...i sip my tea and the musky, earthy taste mingles with flakes of coconut...morrocan music playing on my IPod...the colors and tastes and scents and sounds blur and blend...i long to experience them in their natural places...the urge to travel is strong now...a trip to my Lake soon to come, to whisper wishes into the waters and watch as they are taken out to sea...the moon glancing down drawing whispers on the winds to bring about Wishes Answered. i cross my fingers, hopeful of an impending possibility.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear Linda I avoided clicking on that sight my first time through and now you made me click. As I knew i would stare so long at these amazing images drool is now running down my chin. I to feel the desperate urge to travel!

Holly Knott said...

Happy belated birthday! Love the pics of Kita and kitties. I wish you peace and total, utter creativity in 2009 as well. I'm also a huge fan of those earthy scents, and just this a.m. put a brand new bar of soap in the shower from an Etsy shop called "Hippie Bar" - a lovely mix of patchouli (my favorite!), sandalwood, cedar, vanilla and ylang ylang. mmmmmm... Keep writing the great blog posts!

Anonymous said...

Thank you both! wishing you the most perfectly delightful & awesome 2009! L.
(Holly- that's actually Nikki...she wanted me to tell you!)

Holly Knott said...

You know, RIGHT after I hit "Send" I thought that's not Kita! That's Nikki! Sorry - no way to edit Sent posts! :-) She's a fluff monster.