a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Friday, February 21, 2014

so you want to feel sexy?

well, let me tell you.  i am not one to strive for sexy, but neither will i turn down an opportunity to feel better about myself.  i don't spend a lot of time thinking about it, nor do i spend a lot of money trying trying trying.  let's face it - i've earned the right to be Presentable.  notice i didn't say va-va-voom or anything Christie Brinkley-like.  yes, i love looking and feeling great, but i also feel there are so many other things to worry about besides crow's feet and the like.
so the foundation is set for my point-of-view on things.

Last night, i participated in Part Two of my sleep study - a misnomer if ever there was one.  This particular night, i was to try using a cpap machine ALONG WITH having electrodes and motion belts strapped on, glued in my hair, on my face, up my pantlegs, etc.  You know, the usual.  I'm not sure what i expected the cpap to be, but it wasn't the Darth Vader thing that was strapped on me.  so, thusly encumbered, was told to go to sleep naturally.  okaaaaay.  i had to place ultimate trust in the respiratory therapist that he wouldn't let me die in my sleep.  And also that the thick goo would come out of my hair.  here's the contraption:

That is no one's face inside it, by the way.  yes.  all i could think of was I'm Your Father Luke, and try to keep up with the breathing sounds i heard.  i did feel well-rested in the morning, but honestly?  I don't see myself wearing this at night.  it pinched and, well, just didn't make me feel all that good about myself in the ego department.  My friend uses a cpap every night but has a different mask-thing, so today, after i get the glop out of my hair, i'll take a look online.  maybe something in pink glitter?  maybe i could bedazzle it?  not much of a girlie person, though.  maybe go all steampunk.  heyyy - maybe i could design some spanky looking units!  yeah!
sleep well, my friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Linda, try the "nose pillow" version of the cpap "mask" instead. That's the version I've used since the get-go 6 months ago. I find it much less cumbersome (my sleep doc gave me the option between the two), and allows me to sleep on my side at points during the night. I start out on my back...The whole thing has definitely impeded the "going into the bedroom and getting sexy with the hubby before going to sleep" thing. READ: Beware this contraption may negatively impact your personal relations in the bedroom :). For sure.