a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Friday, December 06, 2013

So far, so good. even though it's been just a few days, my neighbor & I have walked 4+ miles each day.  Our plan is to walk Tuesdays, Thursdays around 4:30 when she gets home, and then Sunday mornings.  I'm going today to talk to a nearby gym to see if I can get a deal on a membership for us that would be for 2 days a week/treadmill only.  That way if the weather was bad (what are the chances??)  we won't miss a beat.  The mall-walking thing is an option too, but with my shopping addiction it may be a difficult thing.  an expensive thing!
I have my work in a show in New Hampshire right now - well 4 pieces anyway.  The show is called Off The Grid, and there are works by 25+ artists.  Everyone's pieces are 6x6!  It looks cool.  go see here .  Susan Schwake  is a calm, quiet soul that plows in and gets it done.  in regular life and in work life.  She is also the creator of the art retreat I went to on the private island last fall, Artstream Art Retreat Camp.  Her story is pretty brave, but you'd never guess.
so far, I am loving every single piece in the show, but really want Hilaree Robinson's "honestly"

Amy Rice's "Dogs In Sweaters"

Anne Nestor Nelson's "Glass Ceiling #4"

but I'd be lying if i didn't say that i really just love them all…these are my favorites of the moment.

I have to get back to the work table…it's been a very busy week, and I've neglected my own artwork.  With the walking goals in place, it helps to form my days - something that's been getting more and more nebulous and organic as the weeks and months go by.  I have an idea for a show noodling around in my head, and some worktime will help capture it.
my guilty pleasure is Flow magazine.  a bit pricey, because it is from the Netherlands, but oh so worth it  The paper they use is luscious! And the articles are amazing.  it's really funny because this month features work by Jen Renninger, who just had a show at the same gallery I'm in now!  One of the little blurbs is about the book, 29 Gifts.  I have the book waiting for me at Barnes & Noble. 
Another is about a Buddhist monk who created a website for Ten Minute Mindfulness. you can try it for 10 days free!  Guided meditations and such.  very cool.  if you like it after 10 days, then you sign up to continue.  
there's a ton more to share, but this little guy 
is no longer napping, and that can only mean mischief.
wishing you a sweet and gentle day.



No comments: