a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

i am just amazed at how these walking endorphins pull me through the day.  it's just amazing.  I'm also amazed at how much i miss making art.  I've been away from the studio for too long.  I have 3 fiber pieces in progress, and a very large piece hogging up my entire table.  it's just been sitting there while i flit around buying/returning/building/re-doing/ and yes - walking.  i'm meeting some amazingly inspiring & positive people in my quest to find the best gear for this.  and i wonder why i picked winter to begin a walking program?? yesterday i went to the new Fleet Feet store nearby and found TrailHead hats with PONYTAIL holes! i know - sounds shallow.  but i never wear hats because i look like a total dork in them.  and they're uncomfortable - what do you do when your hair is just long enough for a ponytail, but not really long? anyway, i met a woman who works there who is as fired up about me reaching my goal as i am.  and my neighbor announced that she wants to join the Couch Potato To 5K group when it starts up in the spring.  so naturally i have to also.  Plus, it's called NoBo, as in No Boundaries, so that's cool enough for me.  i'll have to check with my knees though.  that kind of weight-bearing may not be in the cards. i'm down 3 pounds, and feel better than i have in a while (despite the fly girl fall on sunday).  i have a goal to lose 60 pounds by a specific date, and i will work hard towards that.  finding myself making better food choices too.  but still enjoying those peanut butter chocolate chip cookies my neighbor brought over.  yeah, THAT neighbor.  the walking buddy.  i'll make her walk by the road next time.  speaking of walking - time to take Henry for a jaunt.
wishing you easy transitions and being fully available for smelling the balsam fir.

No comments: