a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Thursday, March 15, 2012

never ceases to amaze me

I have kept a magazine around for 10 years...Art Doll Quarterly. a specific issue. because a picture of a fantastic creation brought tears to my eyes, and i had a certainty in my heart that one day I would meet the creator. Not only did i get to meet her, but a number of years ago, i took a semi-private workshop with her...Wendy Ellertson. you know how sometimes you meet the person who's been inspiring you for a while, and that person is not who you'd hoped they be? not the case here. i remained slack-jawed and in awe for the entire 4 days. she is kind, smart, funny, generous, no nonsense, creative, talented, and to say she thinks outside the box - honey, she kicked the box to the curb eons ago.
just a quick inspirational moment.
now back to gesso.

No comments: