a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

je m'escuse

thank you for your emails & comments - no worries...it's not that i'm in a bad place, per se, just stagnant. and wanting to change that out. as i was spending some meditation time the other night, i pictured myself sitting in front of a big suitcase...brown leather with dings and scrapes from travels...leather straps in dark brown that buckled in the front...with an ornate closure in front...i opened it a crack and saw inside - my dreams. i drew out an item and spent some time with it...smelling the fragrance, even after all this time. i turned it front and back and felt the texture in my hands and across my cheek. then laid it in my lap. i sat cross-legged on the floor in front of the suitcase and brought out another item...as soft and cuddly as a worn chenille bathrobe. and a tear slid down my cheek and around my smile. old friends remembered...never really gone...just set aside for a bit. as i saw this waking dream unfold, item after item came forth...some to be chuckled at, some to feel a stirring of an old excitement for...some to clutch fiercely and hold closely, even as the pile grew. soon i was swaddled in the items...each represented by an article of clothing, for some reason. it was like looking through an old scrapbook, or finding a box of old clothes you thought were long gone - some still fit, some outgrown. this waking dream was so comforting...to know my dreams had been kept safe and sound, and were still here.

No comments: