a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Sunday, January 10, 2010

ahhh. the quiet of a sleeping house. the aroma of a steaming fresh mug of really good coffee...and the beginnings - just the inklings - of something stirring in my spirit, whispering me back to the studio. my hands, this morning, swollen and painful, are not cooperating, but i know that by the end of my coffee, they will start to behave...then what? in my studio i have a small task area, away from the main workspace. a smaller table facing a wall, boxed in on the right side by my stainless shelving, and boxed in on the left by more shelving. a cozy area that i love to just sit in sometimes and put things on pause. this is where i do beadwork, soldering, and small collage pieces. i have a favorite painting by the fabulous Jacqueline Bequette hanging there, and some small totems and personal pieces i've done. it's my womb. my cocoon. and it to that area that i feel pulled. the other day when someone asked me what i was working on, i said "painting." now, i don't paint. or draw. but it came out of my mouth before the brain assessed the comment and had time to snort & correct. and it felt correct after i'd said it. so i sat with some paint for a bit, and you know, it felt friendly. the result was nothing spectacular, but it was kinda fun, i have to admit. so i'll smoosh a little more in a minute. just wanted to say hello. it's funny, but as pulled in and cocooned as i feel, i'm also feeling the need to be in virtual contact more...sort of touchstoning. so i apologoze in advance if i overwhelm with emails! Linda

No comments: