a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Sunday, April 19, 2009

done!

It was madness trying to photograph this...MADNESS! if you've ever seen one of my altered boxes or shrines in person, you know the detail work involved. to try and capture that was just a frustration. but finally i just said "done" and sent this off. so much has been going on, i almost didn't realize it was time for that to get sent. still no conclusive answer on the hospital deal, so i'll just go on with my life and let them muddle it out. husband called from Vermont and he had thrown his back out...could hardly stand up. he went to a sales call with untied shoes because he couldn't bend down. i say they are lucky he had pants on. he is still in excruciating pain, but like a man, is still trying to do ManStuff. if i say anything, it only makes him more determined, so i walk in front of him and drop stuff and ask him to pick it up. when he can't bend over, then i get to yell at him. what a crew. i'm still trying to get pictures of my new hawk, Willett, in her nest. she is absolutely gorgeous. a Coopers Hawk. she poses on a branch for me in the morning, but i usually only have my camera phone, so the pictures aren't so hot. Kaver never made it back to the nest this year, and a new couple are in town. the female took Mariah to the ground and almost killed her. she was rescued by human interveners and is getting excellent medical care, of this i am positive. i'm usually a proponent of let nature deal with nature, but am very very glad people stepped in this time...i mean this is Mariah. we have a bobcat in the area, along with the coyotes. and the owls have returned. i love the owls, but since they are natural predators of hawks, i'm a bit nervous of them being so close. all of nature is waking up...buds popping on tree branches, daffodils and trillium starting to bloom. it is such a relief to just walk outside without having to bundle up! i am going in to work tomorrow to try to negotiate an early release on wednesdays...i need my yoga class...last week proved to me just how "off my mat" i've gotten. my 4-footers have been playing pranks...i go to sleep with Diva all spooned next to me, and this morning i woke up with a paw on my cheek - a kitty paw. Diva was in her closet retreat area, and Pearl had snuck in next to me. it is an organized and determined effort to drive me to madness. never trust anything with more feet than you, that's my advice. i am headed to Boston in about 2 weeks...traded NYC for Boston. very excited. and depending on how my hospital claims get settled, possibly headed off on a Girl Expedition somewhere oceanic. i am never not ever putting off again. as $$ allow, i'm allowing it. and now - time for dinner. xoxL.

No comments: