a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Thursday, January 02, 2014

feeling much promise & excitement about the new year…this has been running through my head for days, even weeks, now...

Well, then can I roam beside you? 
I have come to lose the smog
And I feel myself a cog in something turning.
And maybe it's the time of year
Yes, said maybe it's the time of man.
And I don't know who I am but life is for learning.
We are stardust, we are golden
We are billion year old carbon
And we got to get ourselves back to the garden.




******************************************************************

so, do you make New Year's resolutions?  Make decisions, promises to yourself, intentions, word-of-the-year sort of things?  I have a few intentions.  One is to Respect This House.  There's an Under Armour slogan that says "Protect This House,"  and I sort of captured it and wrassled it into my own thing.  I want to respect my house, my body, this year.  to do good things to it and for it.  and i hope it will repay me by taking me to some wonderful adventures that i have planned.  
The second intention is to not make excuses for bad behavior.  not make excuses for the bad behavior of those around me, closest to me, or even myself.  to be the 1st to step up and say "I'm sorry - I behaved badly there."  and to also, not accept anything less from those who share my heart and space.  I guess that goes along with respecting my house.  so that takes care of the physical and mental…the spiritual is the third intention i have.  and that is to find a house of worship that aligns with my heart and go there once a month.  or more often if i'm feeling it.  but become reacquainted with the rituals and languages that are woven into my fiber.  it feels wonderful just typing those words.  
so there you have it - simple & complex.  my year ahead.  
and maybe Paris?

No comments: