a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Monday, May 30, 2011

before anything, i would like to thank Lisa for her service to our country. I extend that gratitude to all the servicemen & servicewomen who have spent their years, during peacetime & in conflict, in service to our country. **************** the thunder and the rain have not stopped in days. DAYS, i tell you. normally that wouldn't bother me too much...i love the sound of rain on the roof when i'm working. however, there's a certain fierce & ferocious little diva that turns into a liquified lamaze coach when she hears thunder - all panting and pacing and wide-eyed. and it melts my heart to see her so terrified. and these violent storms usually hit right about the moment i'm laying my tired little keppie down for slumber. last night i finally hit the pillow at 2am, after talking her out from under the bed and holding her for hours. i think today we'll call the vet for some puppy prozac. it's gotten my days and nights mixed up, with long afternoon naps supplementing my meager nighttime attempts at sleep, and a general feeling of fogginess all around. In case you wondered, i'm almost ready for the summer festival season. almost. here are some places you can find me, along with the incredibly talented Elizabeth: June 4 & 5 ...Westcott Art Trail July 29-31 ...the Downtown Arts & Crafts festival August - TBD September ... Squam Art Fair October 8& 9 ... Lafayette Apple Festival (awaiting jury results) November TBD December ... Plowshares (awaiting jury results) I'll have Intuitive necklaces and collages (or combination thereof)for offering. Stop by and say hello, and please ask Elizabeth about the miraculous work she is doing with autistic children & felting. blows my mind. I am profoundly humbled at the opportunities gifted me. I am so grateful for the life i have been given, and the life that is being created around me. Last night, while I was calming Diva, i had the tv on for noise to drown out the storm (good luck). there was a show on about people who died during surgery or otherwise, and they all mentioned some form of a Life Review that they experienced - after dying, they stood before a Presence, who asked them "what have you done in your life to benefit your fellow man?" and then they went year by year. It is my hope, that this opportunity to be among so many people at these festivals will help me touch at least one life with the goodness i've experienced. and that touch can be a smile at the right time, or a small act of kindness. you just never know how far down a person is, and the smallest thread of a gesture will give them the lifeline they need. having worked in customer service type jobs a lot of my life, i understand that the nastiest people are often those who are hurting the most. sometimes, they're just born "breech sideways & nasty," as my neighbor says. but often, whatever situation prompted them to call, was just the final straw. so, it is my intention to keep my heart & intuition open to someone in need of an extra boost, and am grateful for the opportunity to be of service in this way. this, i have learned, is my work. i didn't intend to get all philosophical this early, and desperately need coffee, so i wish you a good day, with no thunder.

1 comment:

Karen D said...

Hi Linda, came by to check in and say hello.. loved reading this post, can't wait to catch up with you in September at Squam.. love the necklaces..

xo
Karen