a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Thursday, April 07, 2011

you know, i re-read yesterday's post and thought seriously of deleting it, lest it be too offensive. but i decided not to...had a strong feeling to leave it. just like i had no idea where it came from. i sat down to catch up with you, and tell you all the happythings, and this just needed to be said. yes, it's my blog and i can say whatever i want, but i am nothing if not compassionate and inoffensive, and yes, would self-edit if someone close to me was truly hurt by something. words are mighty, and carry a strong power. the person i was "speaking" to in my post would not recognize me on the street from a fully operational Burger King droid, so to my posse of walking wounded warriors, i remain within your ranks and offer apologies and apple cake if you thought i was dissing you. there is no dissing intended in the post, anyway. just a strong feeling that there was a teetering going on, and slathering on more icing to a toppling cake never works. (trust me in the literal sense). so onward. things are moving faster than the speed of one of my engagements. there is a chunk of this that is Not My Story To Tell, and i do not have permission to tell it, so if the dots don't connect in parts that's why. (i'll hum when i get to a part that needs glossing over). Hmmmm mmmm mmmmm, then i left my job, and the minute the Very Minute i typed the words into the computer stating my intention to become unemployed, i got a cell call offering me a job in radio. i would voice track a show, which means i could show up at the studio on a sunday at 10pm in my pj's and track stuff that you'd be listening to while you ate lunch on tuesday. yummy! check please! and New Supportive Husband said "i think you should concentrate on your art and give that a fair shake...don't do the radio thing." wha? but i figured what the hey, a few extra bucks might be okay. but whether or not i end up doing it, it was an affirmation in a long & unmistakable string of affirmations that gobsmacked me into the right path, and continue to keep me there. The recent show of my collages opened up some incredible opportunities. which led to other opportunities. and challenges that have crossed my path have been resolved in ways that are nothing short of miraculous...and i am not overstating that. truly truly miraculous. and that almost made me welcome the challenges in order to see the unfolding of the resolution - it was/is that amazing. and when i say "unfolding," i don't mean in biblical time or waiting for your turn in the potty line at the Dome time...i mean like pull this tab and the lifeboat inflates time. PFFFOOOWAWA BAM time. and i have never been more comfortable in my own skin. i am having a crush on myself for the first time in a long time. (within reason). and i believe it's because i am not fighting the tide, but riding the current...i am where i belong, just like Swirly's postcard says "you are exactly where you belong." and even though it involves some difficult stuff hmmm mm mmmm mmm, there is such sweet balance that it all feels right. and it has allowed me more time with Diva. she is, for all her crankiness, getting old before my eyes, and i am most grateful to be able to spend more time with her. off track completely here, but let me just say - if you have a company, or work at a company that has graphic design, web design, or advertising needs - you Must call Leonard Assante. I have never met a more incredible person...design-wise, person-wise...pick a category-wise. he is incredibly talented, and will make you rich. (it should be noted that I take responsibility for any/all outlandish claims here). but he is the real deal. and that's a wrap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now you need to post more pictures. I cannot wait to see your "new" amazing studio space and all your beautiful art work.