a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Monday, April 18, 2011

good morning! after a few weeks of adjustments, it seems my body may be heading back to it's normal early bird routine, which is a blessing. (this is not a picture of my adjusted body. this is the cat). now that i can nap if need be throughout the day, getting up early feels right. last week i lazy-bones until 8-ish, but then felt like i had wasted a good chunk of productive hours of the day. and strangely, i was tired tired tired all day, needing to nap by 2pm, and sleeping for 2-3 hours. i would fall asleep again not long after dinner. the one thing i notice is that i am mostly fine throughout the day, but will sometimes get such a lonely streak. having had my entire working life surrounded by other people to take a chat break with, or working in radio where it's my j-o-b to talk, there are moments now where chatting with diva just doesn't fill the bill. speaking of which, she is entirely pissed off at me. my plan had been to be able to give her 2-3 Very Good Walks a day. it hasn't worked out so well. the weather has been downright snotty - high winds, rain & snowlets & mini-sleet - and she's all curled up next to me snoring and i just feel so cozy and not at all motivated to layer on the clothing and rainboots to go out into that stuff for an hour. so we pretty much do the necessary potty breaks and then back to shelter. she's getting grumpy and stiff, so i need to plan at least 1 good walk and 1 mini-walk into our day. she doesn't care much for play, lately...her idea of a game is to fetch her toy, but go hide it in her lair after 1 toss. game over. then she looks at me like "ok what next." i'm home today, and we're taking PSD out for dinner: an all-you-can-eat crab leg dealio at a nearby restaurant. this, in honor of the beginning of the new season of Deadliest Catch. i know - very geekified. but it's the one TV show husband and i can agree on, even though neither of us watches too much TV. i tend to favor documentaries, and he likes sports. i've eaten seafood all my life with no problem, but noticed on our honeymoon in St. Thomas that suddenly at this stage in my life, my lips seem to take on Angelina Jolie proportions after eating shellfish. no breathing issues, just the lips. oh, and my ears itch. so look out Brad Pitt, i guess. too bad the rest of me doesn't implode here and there to take on the Other proportions, much like the Nutty Professor's Buddy Love. ah well. ya win a few, ya gain a few. well, the sun is starting to peek through the trees and starting to tap me on the shoulder to get busy, so i'm off.

No comments: