a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Saturday, December 19, 2009

tonight's tea: Eastern Shores Honey Lemon...warm, soothing, more honey-ish than lemon-y...perfect for the day...the day after the stepson came home with failing grades and chaos surrounding him yet again...a day in which i spent an hour on a cell phone with the exwife of stepson's father, crying together in separate stores while the cacophony of carols and cash registers covered the sounds of frustration and pain and realizing a new chapter in this convoluted extended family is at hand...with a child out of control and bent on destruction - his own and those around him...a day when no one really knew what to do and emotions were as raw as the december temperatures...it is a good tea to have tonight as hopes of continued college and trips to europe have been rescinded and financial losses tallied...and all the bobbing and weaving and lies are thin thinner thinnest...and even so there are still threads of hopefulness that this excuse or explanation may be plausible. as for me, today i lit my Hope's Flame candle fresh from Santa's bag...the one with "intention:" written on the chalkboard surrounding the cedar & sandalwood, and as i pondered my intention for the coming year, i realized it would be "authenticity." yes...that over-used word of 2009...a word i've thrown around a lot, myself...but this time, this time, i am promising my tender self to Live True to my self...or, as Swirly says - my core values. to not be defined by other people's behavior and to disassociate myself, if necessary, with people who do not share those core values. and of course, i mean those closest to me...those who share my name, but perhaps not my journey. it should be an interesting few weeks, as a family pow wow with the halves and ex's and steps all convene for a line-in-the-sand meeting around my diningroom table. i'm looking forward to 2 weeks with 4-day weekends. now...to knit. it makes sense. L.

4 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

knit one, pearl one, breathe in, breathe out... it makes sense and you are brilliant because your gorgeous authentic soul has figured that out...
Thank you thank you for the Rock Love...it is hanging in my studio window...I will look at it and remember the rhythm of the knitting...
Much Love !

angel said...

hmmm....authenticity. i'm thinking this is a word i can try on, to add to my simple word of "truly" as in true to myself, and truth be told. really getting what you are saying, today, in this place of dealing with those around you...you say it so well once again linda. thanks!

henrysmom said...

"truly" is a great word! vey powerful...and often difficult...but definately rewarding. Linda

bluepoppy said...

oh Linda-- your stepson is lucky to have you and so many other caring spirits around him-- it is so hard to watch someone make such unhealthy, hurtful choices-- most especially when it is someone we love, but they have their life path--- whether we understand it or not-- and you are doing so much for him, I trust you can see, in living your life well. by bringing beauty and peace and a focus on good into your life-- you stand as an example of another path to choose . . I send you peace and strength and please always post from the heart-- nobody has a perfect life most especially anyone who tries to present themselves that way. here's to 2010! best. year. yet!

bisous, Elizabeth