a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

time & space

so i've had a few more days to catch up with my heart, and my spirit, and think about squam909. and it does come down to my rock...Expand. expand your expectations...expand your receiving of those expectations...expand the lines you've drawn for what you will accept and what you will give out. in a thousand ways expand...yet not in an explosive big bang way...in a gentle pushing outward...in setting intentions rather than expectations, actually..."expectations" sounds like a line drawn in the sand...a scolding teacher "i expect this or else.." And setting an intention feels gentler, more in tune...and more outward bound than inward taking. as in, I intend to make people feel better, happier, etc...I intend to go with the flow...i intend to whatever - you fill in the blank. and intentions are more easily fulfilled, because they emanate from the Self and are dependant only on the Self for fulfillment...they don't sit back with arms crossed in a Show Me The Stuff pose...intentions rely only on the spirit to become reality...so this year, as i drove 8.5 hours alone with my IPod and snacks, i set my intentions, rather than wondered and worried if Elizabeth would impress us all again this year, or if so-and-so would do such-and-such. and of course, it's very difficult to disappoint an intention. it comes from you alone. one of my intentions was to be certain, to the best of my ability, that every single person i met would know there was at least one person they could eat a meal with, or have a fireside glass of wine with...or admit they were homesick with. not a pompous mindset. but born of love for each person's potential to be fabulous. and often, in the excitement, it's easy to forget that someone may be faltering a bit - even in the magic of the NH woods. so i will never know, i suppose, if i fulfilled my "intention" but i did go about it in the best way i could. and i hope if you felt a little woogy, that in some way i was able to see that and give you a smile or a hand when you needed it. if not, well, there's always next year! and in turning from "expectation" to "intention" - in turning from the outward to the inward, i was truly. able. to. expand. and you can write that on a rock. L ps: i got thinking about my rock, and jumped over to the Rock fairy's blog, and LO! there was a quote that exemplefies my thoughts & intentions...so I stole it from her, and she quoted it from Mother Theresa. so just on the heels of the Jewish Day of Atonement, I ask Kim's forgiveness for stealing, but it's just too fabulous of a quote not to re-quote. so i risk damnation and here it is: “What I do you cannot do; but what you do, I cannot do. The needs are great, and none of us, including me, ever do great things. But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful.” - Mother Teresa

1 comment:

Kim Mailhot said...

No atonement needed - no stealing done - Teresa put it out there for us to share - I am sure that is what she "intended". ;)

Loved this post. It means so very much to me that your talisman from Squam is going on to be a talisman in the afterglow too.
(Have you read "Life is a Verb" by Patti Digh ? She is another chick who gets it. She is a big friend of the Rock Fairy too !)
Squam Love !