a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

so here i am...procrastinating. it's just that my project, CrowWoman is really ticking me off....she isn't telling me what i need to know in order to finish her...in fact, i'm pretty much stalled, yet i feel like i want to dig in and work on her. she's majestic....but naked. frustrating. last night i went to bed at 8:30 (ahh the joys of having the house to myself!) after feeling overwhelmingly nauceous from the chantix. woke up at 2:30am ...made some coffee, with all intentions of working in my studio. let diva out and hit the studio with an idea for a fiber piece. after i cut the fabric for the base, i heard this muffled sound...not scary, but persistant. i followed the sound back to my room with my big, empty, cozy king-sized bed, and LO! it was my pillow! i could distinctly hear it now, saying "come back to bed...just for a minute...pleeeeeze!" what could i do? i mean, my pillow was begging BEGGING i tell you. so i got back into bed for a minutefewhours. re-woke at 9-ish and re-began my decision-making process on CrowWoman. in order to trick my mind into solution-izing, i decided to busy the brain elsewhere...my other decision...yes, it's time for haircut trauma. and in the grand sceme of life - not even a speck of a fleck of matter on the Importance Scale. so - the perfect distraction. and in fairness, i'll probably just drive down the street to the same old same old haircut, color, blowdry & hives. (i don't know what she uses, but it's itch-producing). yes i know i'm rambling like an idiot. i'm PROCRASTINATING. but enough. i'll try a power walk. and stop boring you. oy. what a disconnected day so far. i need a quiet circle around me ...that'll do the trick. ok - off to make that happen. L

2 comments:

Spiral Bettie said...

If I am in the circle, will it remain quiet? :)
Oh, my pillow called me yesterday, too.
Your entry reminds me of Jen Gray saying that sometimes we need to be a blob for a while, fewminuteshours, so we can return anew! Whoala!
So what does Crow Woman want to wear? Is she in her 20's and can still pull of a miniskirt? Or is she the Wise Crow Woman and only wears mumu's?

henrysmom said...

she is being very tight-lipped..er..beaked right now. so i'll start feathering her head and see what becomes of it. :)