a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Thursday, August 01, 2013

well hello!  i am popping back in here with some glitter and cupcakes, to dispel the dark & dreary that's been spread about these pages lately.  So sorry.  it has been dark & dreary, but you know, it only takes a complete change of attitude to change your attitude.  i have a laundry list of things that have been weighing me down.  and that little effervescent puppy is near the top of the list.  i haven't been able to get to this computer, or my studio, in 2 weeks because he has needed 24/7 puppy attention.  but today i realized - he just wants to be part of the family.  he just wants that companionship.  so, i enclosed an area in my studio (after removing Any Possible thing that could be chewed, eaten, peed on, destroyed, ruined, etc).  i put his little bed down, and his Froggie (which is literally a frog green towel that he drags around with him and chews on till he falls asleep.  I mean the towel is regulation bath size.  he is a chihuahua size).  He has remained perfectly perfect, napping on Froggie for 2.5 hours now, and I have gotten caught up on my computer stuff.  I may actually shower today!  I have some very special pieces to finish in the studio - commissioned work that is dear to my heart.  After spending the past few days in Job Search workshops,  Skills Updating workshops, and event planning gone sideways,  i am so very ready for some time in the studio that has a direction to follow.  I am glad for the opportunities to recognize how blessed i am.  these have been not-smooth-as-fondant opportunities.  a woman i worked with years ago was a fundamental bible believer, and she always said Never Pray For God's Grace.  her reasoning was that God would put you in an awkward/awful situation, whereby you would need to call upon Him for grace.  I'm not sure how i feel about that, but i do see a similarity between her theory, and the past few weeks of my life.  so - blessed i am, and let's just call a cab & leave it at that.
wishing you unexpected blessings with no strings attached.....

No comments: