a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Sunday, September 11, 2011

it feels like the summer has zipped past. i saw some, but not much of it, as i worked away in my studio...elbow deep in garnet, opal, aventurine, turquoise, sterling and copper. Two furbabies kept me company most days, vying for attention like children. my mother came to pick Diva Dog up yesterday for a week at Camp Grandma's. as her car pulled away, a little puppy face stared out the back window at me, happy to go visit, but wanting mommy with her. how do mother's do it on the first day of school?? it just broke my heart, but i know the very second her paws hit the ground at Grammies house, i'll be some vaporous memory: oh yeah, the one who doesn't give me real chicken for dinner. i'm busy packing for a week in NH. wow - has it been a year already? hopefully this year, i won't overpack. though not likely. this year, our cabin sleeps 12. i hope to have pictures for you, as this year i plan to remember my camera card and batteries! bonk. and next saturday night will find me here: If you're in the area, stop in & see what my summer has produced! there is a limited number of necklaces available to take away, but i will be doing special orders. there's nothing i'm not grateful for these past few months. nothing. the challenges have been met, not with panic, but with a curious eye to take them apart and see what they have to teach me. i have a PhD in Challenges now! today, i'll pack, tomorrow at 3am, i'll start down the highway, and by tomorrow evening will allow myself room to breath and expand...and enjoy the company of family for a week. a very wise and wonderful woman described these gatherings as "immersing yourself in the company of people who speak your language in a foreign country - your tribe." (Other Linda). This week will do my heart good, as I fortify for the coming year. I'm excited and nervous for the opportunities that are gelling. mostly Very Excited. more details later on that. I'm glad for the incredible women i've met in the past few months through the Rav site, as brief emails questioning Squam necklace availability, turned into long distance friendships. i think women can do that well, the electronic friendship thing, but we really get our hearts around hugs and conversations face-to-face, preferably with good coffee, fragrant tea, or a nice bottle of wine. i'm amazed at the depth of sisterhood women can feel for one another. on this day of remembrance and reflection, i send compassion and love and healing and grace out to those who need comfort. may they find peacefulness as they continue on.

No comments: