a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

before i left for NH, i had signed up for a yoga class with my favorite (and 1st) yoga instructor, Clare. she is wonderful, thoughtful, intuitive, and the fact that she goes to my art shows just frosts the cupcake. i had almost forgotten that the class started last night, but saw a reminder on my calendar mid-day. heaven. and can i tell you - i could spend a day in warrior pose. a day. it never fails to bring the tears flooding down my cheeks. clare remembered, and had the group form a circle and do warrior facing each other. she smiled as she saw the flood begin. the last time i took her class was the first time i had ever done yoga. it was a small class and we all had a connection in life somehow - friends, coworkers, etc, and there was much grunting and groaning and "Oh Clare's!" this time, i approached the class, and the mat, with a profound gratitude and quiet heart (and mouth). and i realized just how far i had come on this journey...my feet planted firmly with not a thought about pedicures...my mind softly focused, letting monkey thoughts swing away to a different tree...it was all So Good. so many issues come to the surface for me at Squam each year, and this year was no exception. i had come to the RDC 2 days early, and arrived before the 3 other earlybirds in my cabin. it gave me time to sit quietly on the green bench by the lake and set an intention for the week, and also listen for what the lesson may be. but lessons must be learned, and not just handed out, so although a smudge of an inkling began to pick itself up and gently swirl, there was no easy epiphany. of course. throughout the week, the lesson revealed itself as a question to be answered. i tried on various answers to see if they fit, keeping an open heart to truth and trust and what rang as authentic to my spirit. during this time, intuitive guidance was amazingly strong, and in fact one night in the cabin we picked from an Angel Card deck, and my card was "Divine Guidance." (cue Twilight Zone music). I felt strongly drawn to, or pushed away from different people, and it surprised me. in years past, i always felt the need to be certain everyone had what they needed, whether it was finding their way down the Path To Food, or emotionally. this year part of my lesson was tightroping that line between compassion & enabling...between helping and not getting my own needs met because i was too involved in helping other people, & between stepping back in peace and ignoring true and obvious need. it was an interesting lesson, combined with the other lesson parts. i spent a lot of inner time picking thoughts and emotions apart, though my cabinmates would likely be surprised. it wasn't a somber, inner time. there was a healthy giving of self...almost an offering made in love, rather than obligation. and oh that was So Good. so this year's lesson is learned - well, maybe "identified and evolving" would be a better way to put it. i feel truly energized by the opportunities ahead of me, and am glad i took a few gentle days with myself. today is busy with shipping out some very special necklaces to some sweet, sweet women, then working on a new design. and yes, Sarah - Becky is using her new sketchbook skills! today, take your time, be gentle, let energy flow within you in a healthy way, don't give away the last piece of pie, firmly affix your mask before assisting the passenger next to you.

3 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

good lessons flowing around you, Lovely Linda. I am glad for you.
Big hugs !

Denise in MD said...

Hi Linda! So glad your time at Squam was deliciously beautiful and insightful...and did i mention i'm so insanely jealous?? I went to Squam in the srping this year, and while it was wonderful and i learned many new things, it was not the emotionally transformative experience that fall Squam has been for me. Note to self: Go when and where the tribe calls you...

Karen D said...

Yes..this exact thing came up for me this year also. Last year I was in ElDorado and there were 13 of us and I felt like the "mother hen" a bit, making sure everyone was always accounted for, this year I did the same as you, stepped back a bit, it was an odd feeling but one I knew I had to experience. I am learning how not to give too much that there is none left for me. your energy was very calm and grounded this year, it showed... and you were shining.

xo
Karen