a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Friday, October 15, 2010

it is absolutely gulley-washer pouring out. i love it...the sound of the rain on the roof....delicious! perfect for watching out the windows across from my studio table. i'll describe the room, since my camera has given me no end of anxiety lately. the room is approximately 22x22. walk in, and straight ahead is a wall of windows. i should mention the studio is on the 2nd floor, so i see leaves of every color from the treetops, and crows and blue jays and cardinals and squirrels perching on branches looking in at me. mid-way into the room is a huge worktable myhusband built for me. it was built inside the room, as there would've been no way to get it in the room after it was done. it's about 10'x6' give or take. along the left wall is floor-to-ceiling stainless shelving on wheels - the kind of industrial shelving found in restaurant kitchens, and labs. (it pays to have a connection in the lab supply industry!) the wall angles a bit, and in a small nook before you get to the worktable, is where i do my jewelry work, soldering, and resin work. i have a 6' table with a large pull-down light over it. to the right is my desk, usually littered with books and articles ripped from magazines, etc. on that wall i have all the beautiful art i've collected from friends, and have been gifted. it's my wall of smiles, because i smile everytime i look at it. every time. but the point here is that when i walk into my studio, i can't help but see all the beauty outside...and even the snow looks pretty from up here. tonight, the wind blew leaves past the windows, and rain pelted the glass...music to create by. i've taken a few minutes to stretch, and my two fur-kids are curled up next to me on the couch - 1 on each side. this...this is heaven. *************************************************************************

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

becky-
i love this... wish i had fur kids to curl up next to me.
thanks for the congrats over there...
happy sunday morning...
*s

Anonymous said...

It all sounds truly like heaven - the rain, the space, the gifts from friends, the fur babies. Can I come over and play?

henrysmom said...

come on over!! don't pet the dog, though...she's fierce and cranky!

Kim Mailhot said...

How wonderful that you are having such heavenly moment ! May they be abundant!!!!