a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Saturday, October 09, 2010

dream day

yes it was a dream day...up at 3:30am...finished a painting...BeautifulSmartStepdaughter and I met up with LisaLisa and headed to see my art show on my Lake...lunch...incredible food...incredible conversation...a wonderful day...can i do it again tomorrow?? i needed a day like this after the veterinary chaos and concern of the week. diva is okay, but there were some very scary days. she has had these weird growths around her nose and mouth. i thought it may have been from the anesthesia given during her surgery mid-september. then THEN thursday night i found a huge & disgusting lump in her ear...all nasty and, well, huge. a frantic call to the ER vet assured me she would live the night. but i felt so bad for her, and i felt like a Very Bad Mom. i love and trust the ER vet more than any other human on earth. well, i love other people maybe more, but as far as diva is concerned...Dr. Holly is the One. and Diva loves her, as much as she can love a person who will, once again, poke and prod her beyond the limits of her patience. i hit the internet early friday morning, and was convinced CONVINCED it was *gasp* *small choking cry* mange. yes. my diva with a disease of homeless, wandering, feral dogs...my diva, the most spoiled 4-legged princess...with - i can't repeat the word. now, the very second i got home, i shucked off my Big Girl clothes and threw on dog-proof wear, threw diva into the car, and headed off to the doggie ER. now, you should know that the day after i got home from Squam, diva had surgery...dental and a fatty tumor removal. she has 2 huge and 1 small. they removed the small one (the size of a penny) but shaved, cut and stitched an area about 5 inches in diameter. frankendog. so knowing that, you could definitely understand when Dr. Holly walked in the exam room thinking she was possibly going to treat mange, and sees my diva (who she knows well) with a huge bald patch. HUGE. "Jesus!" she yells, and i look behind me thinking she's taken on a new partner, and i'm Very Lucky tonight. then i realize she saw the Big bald Patch and thought "this dumb bunny never noticed a problem till it got THIS far??" the long version, i know. it turns out that it is most likely an allergic reaction to the antibiotic given pre-and post-surgery. so the cure is, yes, another antibiotic. that was my 2nd choice of diagnosis. diva's been licking her widgey to beat the band, and dogs can get yeast infections too. i'll leave the story about the cat getting high on a discovered tub of catnip, and hiding under the afghan on the couch where i always sit. that is for another day. so the short version of my week: my job is stealing my soul, painting refills it, the dog is fine, my stepdaughter is perfect, lisa will likely rule the universe soon, i am tired. my feet are up, i am relaxing, and thinking about finishing at least one of my knitting projects. well, not actually finishing, but working on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Linda! I'm so glad I stopped by here tonight. So needed to laugh! I'm truly sorry for the troubles you've had of late, but your diva-woes just had me in the floor. Hope your feet got sufficient off-floor rest today and that you were able to get LOTS of wet paint in every crevice (well, you know, the "public" ones anyway).

take care sweetie!!
Kelley