a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Monday, January 21, 2008

monday

so here it is monday mid-morning...am i at work? nooo. why? AGAIN with the girl problems. i would sincerely like to speak with the Patron Saint of the Ovary. i would beseech her to please let me have at least 2 weeks in between periods. and oh, that ripping just before....stop it. now. and cramps? look, i'm 50 and i've suffered quite enough years with those. do not make me take drastic measures. Saint or not, i'll take you down. that all being settled in my mind, i'm off to curl up into the fetal position in my comfy bed. at least for a minute. that's how long it takes diva dog to start her banshee impression when she wants up on the bed. it's been too cold for her to go out long enough to "get the job done," so she goes out, turns around and wails at the door. luckily, the SPCA cruelty investigator is a friend of mine, so she'd believe me that i wasn't leaving little hates-the-cold ESKIMO dog out for hours at a time in this below-zero nastiness. she, (the dog, not the investigator) (well, I'M talking about the dog here...i have no idea if the same holds true for the investigator) of course, hasn't poo-ed in 2 days because i am determined that she will, once again, go in the backyard....not have to be schlepped down the street on the mommy-arm express. i am tired, people. tired. and dog's have been known to go doody in their own back yard. in fact, my neighbor's dog is so comfortable with his dogginess, that he'll poo in ANYONE'S yard! but not my diva. ** so i decided what i want to be when i grow up. should my current job (which i love and hope they don't fire me due to sick time) decides to fire me due to sick time, i will become a motivational speaker. i was actually hired to do this once before, but the company, although very motivating and upbeat, was very disorganized, and part of staying positive is keeping control of your schedule (to an extent). (not the extent that makes me comfortable, but they were w-a-y off target). i'd get a call at 6am and they'd want me to drive somewhere and just give a speech. well, hell now, that's hardly filling the bill. you need to find out all sorts of things and tailor your remarks to actually help the negative situation you were called in to be positive about. ** so i've been feeling a little, oh, invisible lately. i called my neighbor last week to find out what to give as a baptism gift (if one is actually required)...i called a contractor for a quote on painting my R-E-D kitchen white....i called Sally Jean to order some things (yes - to give THEM money)...i emailed/called my other friend to make an appt for her to come over and see the fountain she's been bugging me to make...and i called ANOTHER contractor to see about re-doing some kitcheny stuff. not one single call back. not one. i then emailed Sally Jean. no answer. i finally got an email from the fountain friend - she's in Mexico for God's sake. no contractor callbacks. AT the baptism, my neighbor said she'd been flying around trying to finish her kitchen 'cause she has massive family company coming in today, and asked what i'd called for. so i told her. oops. yeah, and i asked how she got the contractor to call HER back?? so yes, i'm feeling a tad invisible. but the pain of the cramps has distracted me enough to stop feeling emotionally sorry for myself. i now have physical pain to point to. (now you know i'm kidding...i actually did assume that i'd become invisible, so didn't feel slighted in the slightest). Linda

No comments: