a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Saturday, October 04, 2014

saturday


a perfect day…the wind and rain overnight moved the leaves from my patio to the fenceline, saving me hours worth of work…i slept in moments last night, my brain busy with thoughts it wouldn't reveal to me…my ears caught the sound of rain smattering on the windows, and i wished i could open the window to let the breezes through.  this morning, Henry clouded himself up in the comforter and snuggled in close.  i have a white down comforter, and he manages to walk in circles enough to make a nest of it with high sides, and a Henry in the middle like a small caramel drop.  not much of a morning dog, preferring to pace about at night looking for bugs to play with or sneaky sneak mama's socks out to play.  
Once the coffee brewed, deliciously strong and fragrant, i began a pot of 15 Bean Soup.  it's that kind of day.  my fall and winter routines beginning to dust themselves off…nag champa burning in the house, my pink beaded slippers re-found, my cozy comfy periwinkle fluffy robe traded for the pink waffle weave.  this year i have the Tiny Step Initiative to keep me from going under, i suspect.  a plan, a purpose, action & movement towards a goal.  i won't give darkness a moment to get a foothold.  it really is a lot of shimmer here, in a way that almost seems surreal…in a way that makes me wonder, "ah, so this is normal."  moving forward, and not stuck in the dark muck of an unrealized dream.  reaching past myself and pushing myself past my limits - or so it seems! 
Grateful for gratitude - for being able to see the light in everything…grateful for feeling healthy, and for continuing to push myself past some physical thresholds.  stretching in so many different ways.  and now - to load the car with canvas, and paints, and tables, and off to the studio.
wishing you a cozy day with a good book and some sweet cupcakes!  Shimmer, my friend, shimmer!

No comments: