a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

oh

i was attempting the impossible....i have to write an artist's statement. in 100 words or less. i am not an "or less" type of person. do i fall back on my usual... "I am 50 and I am an artist" which sounds a little 12-step, or do i try try try to write something a little more polished? although the Usual says it all in my book. i mean, who cares what I think about art? who cares what anyone thinks about art? do you like or dislike the piece? why? why not? what does it make you think of? feel? remind you of? now to me, THAT'S the meat of it. i make art because i Need to express the thoughts, feelings, scents, innuendos, experiences of my everyday life, and of my lifepath. I cannot keep it inside, anymore than you can keep your foot from tapping to the beat of your favorite song. i use rusty metal and wood because these materials appeal to me in a visceral way. and because i cannot draw a straight line with a ruler. now how do you make that sound Nice? maybe i'll just use that. L.

No comments: